8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 10:06 AM by terris86415680

Cancel annual subscription?

martins85446846 Level 1

Hi,

I want to cancel my "Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year)", but it seems to be impossible. When I go to "Manage subscription" I don't have the option to cancel it!

So, the question is, how do I cancel it? Do I really have to call my credit card to stop paying adobe?

Cheers,

Martin.

• 1. Re: Cancel annual subscription?
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I suppose that would be one way. However you could call Adobe and ask them to cancel. This is a user to user forum, so Adobe may or may not see this request.

• 2. Re: Cancel annual subscription?
            terris86415680 Adobe Community Professional

Can we confirm you are going through the right procedure?

1) In Photoshop call up 'Manage My Account ' under the 'Help' Menu

1.png

2) Log into the Adobe website with your ID and password if requested.

2.png

3) Click on 'Manage plan' on your account page

3.png

4) Click on 'Cancel plan' under plan details.

4.png

• 3. Re: Cancel annual subscription?
              Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

You have a cancel button if it's month to month, as in the picture, but not if it's an annual subscription paid monthly. That's because you've promised to pay for the whole year, monthly. To cancel you have to talk to Adobe. I understand they will reduce the amount you've promised to pay if you cancel, if you stop using it, under some circumstances - which is more than the phone company would do !

• 4. Re: Cancel annual subscription?

Argh, I never realised that. Your probably in the same position as me, I just get given a redemption code by Adobe every couple of years. What you say makes sense as anybody on a 12 month contract will have to have someone work out how much the customer needs to pay as a result of cancelling early. Thanks for the information.

• 5. Re: Cancel annual subscription?
                  martins85446846 Level 1

Well I got in contact with them via chat, and they have cancelled my subscription. They wanted to charge me partially with the rest of the contract but, it depends where you live that they can do that. As I am from Argentina, any services that come to an end, can't ask for any more money than it was paid. Remember they give us a service, they don't sell us a product when it comes to subscription.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers,

Martin.

• 6. Re: Cancel annual subscription?

That's interesting. It may be a service, but you did agree a contract to make 12 payments and so legally you were in breach of contract in cancelling. Good luck to you though, I don't think too many people get let off like that.

• 7. Re: Cancel annual subscription?
                      rayek.elfin Level 4

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

That's interesting. It may be a service, but you did agree a contract to make 12 payments and so legally you were in breach of contract in cancelling. Good luck to you though, I don't think too many people get let off like that.

That depends. American laws are far more weighted in favour of corporations compared to other countries. Adobe may try, but consumer laws in those countries may override parts of the contractual agreement you have with Adobe. It seems Argentina put some consumer laws in place that effectively block corporations from asking money for services not-yet-rendered. And those override Adobe's contracts with the OP.

Nothing illegal about that.

• 8. Re: Cancel annual subscription?

I'm in England and the law pretty much sides with corporations here as well. In this country you need to buy a television licence for about $200 every year even if you never watch BBC programs. They have spy vehicles that detect houses with TVs and look up on a database whether the household has a television licence and if they don't they fine the household $1500 and quite often will send the house owner to prison as it's a criminal rather than civil offence. We have the ridiculous situation of having 1-2% of the prison population incarcerated because they don't have a TV licence and here imprisonment costs $60,000 per inmate per annum. In other words it costs $30,000 to punish someone for not buying a $200 licence for something someone might never watch. It's a terrible Big Brother society here.