• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Menu Item Highlighted in Active State

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to figure this one out, but so far I'm coming up empty: I'm building a continuous-page scrolling site with anchors, horizontal menu in the header (on the master page) -- Home, Mission, Faculty, Contact. When I click Mission, it scrolls to the Mission section, and that item is highlighted (crimson instead of gray), same for Faculty, etc. However, when I click on Contact, it scrolls to the Contact section with no problem, but Facullty remains highlighted in the menu instead of Contact. I'm not sure if it would make any difference, but I've got the layers stacked correctly, and as far as the formatting of the menu on the Master page, everything seems to be in order. Is this just a bug, or am I missing something? Many thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

This is not a bug. Your page just isn`t "long" enough to reach the anchor of "contact".

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-04 um 23.06.35.png

BTW, I think the anchor is not 100% at the right position?

One way would be, to give everything more space in height – but there no guarantee that your menu item gets highlighted on

all screens, unfortunately.

Your footer could be easily higher, without loosing too much of your clear design.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just a bug, or am I missing something?

Apparently, you are missing the link to your site, that would demonstrate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, that would help, sorry! I have it password-protected since it's far from complete, still waiting for actual content and direction on imagery.

http://imago-graphics.com/JWWLDI/

username: jwwldi

password: Pr!de4uX

(mod. Note. Username and password required to view site, please do not remove)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug. Your page just isn`t "long" enough to reach the anchor of "contact".

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-04 um 23.06.35.png

BTW, I think the anchor is not 100% at the right position?

One way would be, to give everything more space in height – but there no guarantee that your menu item gets highlighted on

all screens, unfortunately.

Your footer could be easily higher, without loosing too much of your clear design.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Thanks so much for your help -- hopefully this will work itself out once I get actual content, which will expand each section. And yes, it's in a very initial state, so I'll be placing the anchors more precisely for the final product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Thanks so much for your help -- hopefully this will work itself out once I get actual content, which will expand each section. And yes, it's in a very initial state, so I'll be placing the anchors more precisely for the final product.

PS Looking at this again though, I notice on your screen grab that Contact is highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morazan  schrieb

PS Looking at this again though, I notice on your screen grab that Contact is highlighted.

Yes, because I shrinked the browser window to show that it may work on smaller devices/screens and that there´s a small unpredictability with huge screens when they use the full height of their screen.

When the browser gets a chance to reach the anchor position, your menu item gets highlighted.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines