• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit 4k micro 1700x or intel i7 7700k? gtx 1050ti, gtx1060 6gigas or rx580 8gigas?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, contact me to make an appointment in case you can help me. I need a PC to edit with Adobe premiere. Performed assembly and color correction for feature film. I do not do vfx. And I need PC to edit in 4k blackmagic camera files. Which micro is better to edit in 4k in adobe premiere and do color correction. Intel i7 7700k or amd ryzen 1700x? I am mainly interested in knowing which one has the best performance for playback. I'm not interested in the difference in render time. Or do any of these micros work? With regard to video card what is it minimally needed? Gtx 1050ti, gtx 1060 or rx580? My budget is adjusted. Sorry for the inconvenience. regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

With the i7-7700K you have 4-cores 8-threads at the turbo boost speed of 4.5 GHz, with the Ryzen 7 1700X 8-core 16-threads at 3.8 GHz my choice would be the Ryzen after a lot of testing

I love the GTX 1060 6 GB SC (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR) that I bought so I bought a second one and the two together beat a much more expensive GTX 1080 at less cost

Just get yourself two SSD drives one a SATA III 6Gbits/s 128 GB or 250 GB for the OS/Applications and a larger (depending on your project size) M.2 super spe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be the kind of thing that RoninEdits​ or SAFEHARBOR11​ would be best helpful at ... either of you "avialable"?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which ever you go for test compatibility with the BlackMagic files, I'm not sure if all camera formats are supported in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blackmagic files are compatible in ´premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the i7-7700K you have 4-cores 8-threads at the turbo boost speed of 4.5 GHz, with the Ryzen 7 1700X 8-core 16-threads at 3.8 GHz my choice would be the Ryzen after a lot of testing

I love the GTX 1060 6 GB SC (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR) that I bought so I bought a second one and the two together beat a much more expensive GTX 1080 at less cost

Just get yourself two SSD drives one a SATA III 6Gbits/s 128 GB or 250 GB for the OS/Applications and a larger (depending on your project size) M.2 super speed SSD  for all the project files and media for your current project.  Hard disk drives for backup and archiving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got one of those EVGA 1060/6GB GPU's ... and have replaced my 970 with it. Very pleased with the results. None of my sequences that showed red with the 970 do so with this baby ... very pleased.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the 1060 the playback in 4k is going well? What microprocessor do you use? intel / ryzen?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using the Intel ... i7-6800k, 6 physical cores, and 32GB of Corsair RAM.

On 1920x1080 timelines even with multiple Lumetri, it's playing rather nicely. Those were slowing down with the 970.

I've got a couple things open with 4k, and so far, it's just playing back. No freaky-far-out drone material. Though one sequence has some GH5 in it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks - you tried editing 4k with ryzen 1700x? how does it perform in the playback by adding color adjustment?

I will do the same with the video card. Now invest in a 1060 and later in another-

how much do you use? with 32g 2400mhz reaches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines