• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save photoshop brush set over 2GB

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I save a photoshop brush set that exceeds 2GB?

kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bijouz,

Could you please illustrate how you're able to reach 2GB brush set size? It is a huge size as the entire brush library that ships with Photoshop is around 6 mb.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made and saved a lot of brushes over the years that are very high resolution.
So it would be nice that I could save it in one big file instead of multiple sets

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different brushes have different brush types called "Brush sets". Could you please check the exact size of all the brushes in the location below?

(Windows) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC*<version>\Presets\Brushes

(macOS) Applications/Adobe Photoshop <version>/Presets/Brushes

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be unnecessarily affecting Photoshop’s performance by loading all your Brushes at once.

If you are sure you do indeed need them all every time you open Photoshop then that’s that, obviously, but if not you might be doing yourself a favour by limiting the presets you actually load somewhat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash Sharma,

I use alot of very high resolution brushes ( 5000px) and my set is now about 2,20GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bijouz,

As c.pfaffenbichler has mentioned, having a huge library of brushes will slow down Photoshop's performance. Do you use brushes with resolution of 5000 px?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I slimmed it down 🙂 Thank you for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines