I am open to suggestions here. What would you all do if you had to modify the following photo ? I am fairly new to
Photos shop and have in excess of 45,000 photos Ive managed to shoot over the last couple of years. I would like to
work with some of my work now. So below we have a sunset which I would like to use. However it looks a little grainy
to me although the it was taken and has a file size around 5mb (not RAW). I would like to somehow create a pastel colour
representation of this as well as a second project whilst adding perhaps five or six sea birds flying added to the photo.
All ideas and suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
To address the banding in the sky I would recommend
• converting the image to a Smart Object
• Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel
• duplicate the SO and apply Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur
• create a Pattern Layer (based on 50% grey with Filter > Noise > Add Noise)
• Layer > Create Clipping Mask
• set the Pattern Layer to Blend Mode Linear Light and reduce he Opacity
• select the blurred SO and invoke Layer > Layer Mask > Hide All
• brush in the regions where the blurred layer should show with white in the Layer Mask
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Appreciate your advice.