• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Animation - Tweening Frames, Lowering Opacity

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a frame animation creating in PS CC2017.  It's a rotation of a frame element from 0 to 13 degrees in .5 degree steps over 26 frames.  I want to smooth out the movement a little more so am trying to tween the frames. 

I hold Shift and select the first two frames, then click on the Tween button, select 2 as the number of additional frames to add and click OK.  The two additional frames are added, but the Opacity of the tweened frames is reduced and increases incrementally to the next full, original frame. 

In the Tween dialogue, the dropdown has Selection (the only available option, the others are greyed out), Layers = Layers, and Parameters has all 3 options checked.  If I turn Opacity off the tweened frames are blank. 

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to show some screen captures.  You state you select two frames and   use tween to generate frames between these frames.  The frames generated are not what you expected. The thing is we have absolutely no way to know anything about the two Frame you selected.  Their layers composition the Document layers used or their positioning or their masking their opacity in the two frames.

Here I create two frames using two layer where one layer has a layer masked the is not linked the the layer's content and is a mask to composite the layer with the contents of the lower layer.  The top layer content was placed high and off canvas to the left and the second frame that the layer content was positioned low and off canvas to the right.  I user tween to generate 148 frames between the two frames I created using the two layers.  The opacity blending is was I expected the layer mask to produce.

Capture.jpg

CloudLogo2.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, screen caps.

ScreenCap.jpg

ScreenCap1.jpg

ScreenCap2.jpg

ScreenCap4.jpg

I don't know if this will play properly, or not. This is the resulting animation.

It should look like this, which was done by creating 26 separate frames, moving each one, then creating the frame animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never tried layer transforming to resize or rotate layers.  I just tried to do your turntable and it looks like tween layer position only supports layer position over the canvas.  I was not able to get layer rotation via transform to work with tween.  I had to resort to using a script to duplicate the layer and rotate it about a point by so many degrees, I could than use create frames from layer to create a frame animation the add a background visible in all frames.

tt.gif

In the past I did create video animations where I rotated a Photoshop 3d layer's object.

McAsseyBallSmall.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing, as well.  Created 25 duped layers, rotated each around the same point by .5 degrees, then created the animation from the layers. When I converted that to a Video timeline, the motion smoothed out more so there weren't the discrete steps visible. It's fine, just more work.

You may be right that the tween function works on movement, but not a transform operation. If I move the position of the arm with the Move Tool, the tween works, but not using Transform.

Thanks for the help.

If you could please delete that turntable graphic from your system, and wherever it's hosted, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines