• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In latest Firefox plugin Flash fonts are broken (new bug)

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Firefox updtaed and now fonts are corrupted in Flash Player.

This is a new bug introduced with latest Firefox update

Windows 64x

Firefox 55.0.3

Please see screen shot

All fonts are now bold and white on white

Adobe please HELP!

Capture.PNG

regards

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have the same version of Flash Player before and after the Firefox update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tx for reply...

I had FF 32bit, now installed FF 64bit and the problem is gone.

I will update if I find out more info

tx again,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That behavior is weird, but I don't think it's actually a font problem.  It looks like the font color is inverted, so you're getting white on white.  If you look at the selected areas with the grey backgrounds, you'll see that the text is actually there.  If the font wasn't loading, you'd get nothing at all in that highlighted section, or maybe the missing glyph character (the box with the X across it).

I'm unable to reproduce this using Firefox 56.0b9 (64-bit) or Firefox 55.0.3 64 or 32-bit on Windows 7 with Flash Player 26.0.0.151.  It's possible that they define things like font colors in an asset that just didn't get loaded on the first launch.  Updating the browser also implies that you reloaded the page, so the "fix" of updating to 64-bit might have just been coincidental.

You didn't mention the version of Windows you're using, so I just went with 64-bit Windows 7, since it's the largest population these days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 x64, amd yes you are right on the font inversion.

the problem is now gone, now that I upgraded from 32bit Firefox to 64bit.

I'd like to hope it was just an abnormally ... (fingers crossed)

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please definitely let us know if this pops up again.  I definitely ran into a situation on their site where one of their CSS files didn't load on the first try, but the second load got everything working.  It seems similar to what you were seeing with the Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we (and our customers) also encountered this exact same problem. The issue only seems to occur with these conditions:

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

Firefox 57.0.2 - 64-Bit

Flash Plugin 28.0.0.126

The problem doesn't occur on a Windows 7 - 64 Bit Systems with the same Firefox and Flash Plugin versions or any other browser on the above system (with the exact same Flash Plugin version). The issue also doesn't seem to occur on Windows 10 32 Bit with Firefox 57.0.2 - 32-Bit.

Some labels work, but most are white and bolder than they should be:

This issue is very critical to us, do you have any progress on a fix?

Regards

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue: FF 57.0.2 (64bit), FP 28.0 r0, Windows 10.

Fonts are inverted and look ugly.

example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try disabling 'Async drawing' on Firefox and share your observations?

Steps to disable async drawing in Firefox:

•      Go to "about:config" on Firefox
  •      Search for 'async' in the search box
  •      Set "dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled" to false

Meanwhile, we are looking into the issue and suggest you to use Firefox 64 bit instead of 32 bit.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for your reply!

Changing this setting to false worked for me, the texts are then displayed as they should. However, please understand that I cannot tell all our customers to change this setting in their browser. In the meanwhile we recommend to our customers to use another browser until this issue can be fixed.

Just to clarify: I am using the 64 bit version of firefox.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text fields look fine now, but AdobeConnect goes crazy with this option disabled.

example2.png

On the picture you can see the POD, it was resized for some reason, to get its size back I need to resize browser window. Actually any action inside of the AC breaks it (the content just disappears) . So, I am not sure if we can use this suggestion.

p.s. as mentioned before I use 64bit FF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce the problem described in the first post using Firefox 57.0.2 (64-bit) and Flash Player 28.0.0.126 on Win10. 

Can someone please point me to a link that continues to reproduce this problem with current versions of Firefox, Win10 and Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can run this swf:

Dropbox - index.swf

ex3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had 64 bit and now install 32 bit its working fine before this when i clicked on these page http://www.wheretobuystampss.com/ showing piceture of video instead play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines