3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 8:24 AM by Mush15

multiple calls to the same method throws exception

Level 1
      Hello again,

and Thank you again for any help in advance.

I am trying to do a comparison between http vs local processing of incidental calculations.

In one case I have a calculation as a function in the MXML file
      In the other I have the same calc in a php page tied to an HTTPService

They are both initialized when the application loads.
      as each executes they check a control variable to see if they should run or not.

if the variable is true the function calls itself and the service is sent again

a timer is set to 1 minute (currently 15 seconds) which at the end of fires an event that changes the conmtrol variable to stop the service an function calls

the service works but the local function causes an exception after calling the local function 2645 times.

Reporting:
      "undefined
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[C:\dev\flex_201_gmc\sdk\frameworks\mx\core\UICompone nt.as:8323]
      at speedTest/set cntF()[C:\Documents and Settings\dklastow\My Documents\Flex Builder 2\speedTest\speedTest.mxml:38]
      at speedTest/fCalc()[C:\Documents and Settings\dklastow\My Documents\Flex Builder 2\speedTest\speedTest.mxml:151]
      at speedTest/sCalc()[C:\Documents and Settings\dklastow\My Documents\Flex Builder 2\speedTest\speedTest.mxml:170]
      (ans then some)"

Anuy help is apprecisatted