• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing the Edge Adjustments of an Existing Layer Mask

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a selection of the green tumbler below with the quick selection tool.  I then clicked the Select and Mask feature to refine the edge.  I softened the edges, feathered and shifted the edge to get the image shown below.  I then save and closed the file.

Now I want to slightly adjust the selection- say reduce my feathering a bit but when I double click on the mask to open up the Select and Mask feature, none of my original adjustments show- they all go back to the default...

Is there a way to open up Select and Mask with my previous adjustments so that I can just change them a bit?

Thanks.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

There is no such thing. The adjustments are immediately propagated to the mask as pixel data. They are not parametric definitions. You have to start over. Next time simply duplicate the layer or save the original channel/ selection before tweaking your mask.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. The adjustments are immediately propagated to the mask as pixel data. They are not parametric definitions. You have to start over. Next time simply duplicate the layer or save the original channel/ selection before tweaking your mask.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium- thanks. I appreciate the response...fortunately the selection wasn't that hard to recreate!  I'll know next time to dup layer!

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you checked: Remember Settings, you would see those setting next time you opened Select & Mask dialog box, though you can't use it to reset since the mask is a destructive process. Like Mylenium says, duplicate the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Katie- thank you both for responding...I'm learning- slowly but surely!

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines