• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback problem with Encore generated DVD - .VOB file size issue

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a playback problem with a DVD I just created in Encore. The original file was edited in Premiere and I used Encore to create a menu (edited in Photoshop). In the menu tab, I am able to view the file successfully using the "Preview from Here" selection and there are no problems. Also, the "Check Project"  selection does not alert me to any errors.

I have created menus and burned DVDs in Encore this way for several years for our local children's theater and never had a problem.

When I play back the DVD, it plays for a few seconds with video and sound and then freezes for about 20-30 seconds before playing a few more seconds and then stopping again, and so on.  The VIDEO_TS.BUP,  the VIDEO_TS.IFO files and the VIDEO_TS.VOB files are all within the file size I would expect.

One issue I noticed is that the numbered . VOB files, VTS_01.0.VOB, VTS_01.1.VOB, etc., are 0KB instead of the usual 700MB to 1.5GB they usually would be for a video with a running time of about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Before and after burning the DVD, the estimated Encoded Size is 3.53GB.

My desktop runs Windows 10, and I used Premiere CC to edit the files. The video type is MPEG video, the settings are 29.97fps and the DVD Transcode Status and Settings are "Don't Transcode". The sound file is WAV and the DVD Transcode Status and Settings are respectively, "Untranscoded" and "Automatic".

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Encore projects can become corrupt for a variety of reasons. Also, clearing the cache and or preferences can help in some circumstances. Rebuilding can sometimes overcome some of these problems. Congrats on getting this sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup sounds correct. The zero file size is obviously wrong.

The files are with an underline, not a period, correct? You have VTS_01.0.VOB, rather than VTS_01_1.VOB.

Try a "save as" of the project, change the output to DVD folder, and change the name, and rebuild. Check the sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Thanks. You are correct about the underscore in the file title.

I followed your suggestion and changed the Output setting to DVD folder and then changed the project name.

However, when I change the output to DVD folder, the Build button is grayed out. Did I miss a step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I overlooked the Location field.

This time when I did the build, the file sizes were correct, and I have since burned a disc that is also correct and replays correctly.

I also looked back at previous versions of the menu and updated the one for the current DVD so that it completely mirrors the previous one.

This meant changing all the End Actions to default. However, I don't know if that had any bearing.

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Encore projects can become corrupt for a variety of reasons. Also, clearing the cache and or preferences can help in some circumstances. Rebuilding can sometimes overcome some of these problems. Congrats on getting this sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines