• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable core CEP HTML Engine plugins (NOT 3rd party plugins)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you go into your adobe folder and change the CEPHTMLEngine folder to something else, it disables ALL of those additional CEP HTML process's that appear in your taskmanager. They only use about 11.3mb each but theres maybe 9 or 10 of them and Id like to preserve what I can in terms of ram usage.

The problem with outright renaming the folder is it disables ALL 3rd party plugins that require it. Such as brushbox or anything panel related. Photoshop works like a breeze without it. Starts up quick and everything. However there is one plugin Id like to use that requires the CEPHTML engine.

Since the CEPHTML entries do not tell me which plugin exactly is being used, I have no idea what to disable to just keep my 3rd party plugin. So where can I disable core features that use it? I dont use the cloud or anything like that. I simply use it for image modification from time to time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dc39909740,

Lightroom is not affected by this process "CEPHTML engine". The performance issue is only applicable for Adobe Premiere Pro,Dreamweaver,Illustrator,InDesign and Photoshop. High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Are you noticing an improvement in performance in Lightroom after you disable this process in task manager?

Why exactly are you disabling it for Lightroom in the first place?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's anything like the issue that I am having, There are 6 instances of CEPHTML running in my processes right now and it's sucking up resources that the other Adobe products need to function.

-sincerely  64gb of ram and overclocked to 5.4ghz but can't edit a photo right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines