Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Gestures in Lightroom CC on Lenovo Notebook

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I'm currently evaluating Lightroom CC on my Lenovo U430 notebook with touchscreen. I find the new touch mode in LR quite useful, unfortunately gestures recognition seems not to work properly: I can not zoom into a picture as usual and also swipe gestures up/down and left/right are not recognized. Tags and stars are not given and I also cannot move to the next picture. Only if i tap on the screen LR zooms to 100 % mode.

Has somebody made similar experiences? Is there any way out?

Best regards

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that touchscreen technology has been standardized and documented for Lightroom at this point. I think what you're going to have to do is discover what does and doesn't work for you and adapt your workflow accordingly. Perhaps this might change in the future. But at this point I believe you are pretty much on your own can make touchscreen technology work as best you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your reply. I think there is a misunderstanding. The problem is that Lightroom is not working as it should on my notebook with touchscreen and it is not a question of my preferences. So this information should be also forwarded to the technical support and I think a solution should be developed if possible.

Regards

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the key here is "as it should". I don't think touchscreen technology has been documented in Lightroom. But your issue should be discussed in the forum where the developers monitor more closely. Here is the link:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having an issue with my new Lenovo laptop (which is also a touchscreen) . . . in my case, pictures fragment and won't display properly . . . I agree with Christian. If I can't use the product on my touchscreen laptop . . . then I'm paying for a product that I can't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines