3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 4:03 PM by JJMack

Having Problem With Photoshop 6 for Mac Update Through Creative Cloud

pennyand Level 1

I had been having no problems with updates to Photoshop 6 through the Creative Cloud until I signed up for Photoshop CC.  Recently, I got a notice through Creative Cloud of an update for Photoshop 6. It downloaded the update, but then would not install, giving me a U44M1P7 error message. I found that error on the Adobe web site and followed their instructions about going to Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater and changing the file name (from 1.0 to 1.0.old) to replace a corrupt file that was probably causing the problem. I then applied the updater again, but it again downloaded but would not install. I really do want to keep my Photoshop 6 app up-to-date for several reasons. I have searched Adobe's Web site,but cannot find anything else to help me with the problem. Again, downloading Photoshop 6 updates through Creative Cloud had worked fine until I added Photoshop CC to the mix. Can someone please help me with this problem? I would very much appreciate your help!

• 1. Re: Having Problem With Photoshop 6 for Mac Update Through Creative Cloud
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

U44M1P7 means your instillation is corrupt.  To resolve that problem reinstall CS6 over your existing CS6 Install. That will back level your CS6 to version 13.0 which is very buggy. It needs to be updated.  Do not try to update your perpetual CS6 through the creative cloud.  If you had a trial CC installed uninstall all CC including the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application.  Then manually download the CS6 updates including ACR 9.1.1 from Adobe and install them manually.

Update are at

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Having Problem With Photoshop 6 for Mac Update Through Creative Cloud
            pennyand Level 1

JJMack, thank you so much for answering my question. I was able to download CS6 version 13.0 through the link you gave me. Now, how do I manually download the CS6 updates including ACR 9.1.1? Tell me that and I'll be home free!

One clarification for you. I also have a subscription version of Photoshop CC on my drive and I have to download updates to it through the Creative Cloud application. So, I don't want to get rid of that. The odd thing is that until a month ago, I have been able to update Photoshop, Acrobat, and other Premium Creative Suite 6 apps I have through the cloud. They would notify me through the cloud of updates to previous versions (Premium Creative Suite 6 and Adobe Acrobat 7) and they downloaded and installed smooth as butter. Now, since I've added the Photoshop Creative Cloud subscription to the mix, it doesn't work. I want to keep the versions I've fully paid for working as long as possible, because there may come a day when I can't afford the subscription app and I only have one, Photoshop.

Thanks again for your help and I hope you can help me now update CS6 to include ACR 9.1.1!

• 3. Re: Having Problem With Photoshop 6 for Mac Update Through Creative Cloud
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You have a subscription.  I use a PC not a MAC.  Some version of CC update broke my CS6 Perpetual install.

There are three versions of CS6

Perpetual Windows CS6 version  13.0.1.3

Perpetual Mac CS6 version 13.0.6

Subscription CS6 version 13.1.2

There are some differences between version more so on Windows users then OSX users.

I wanted to keep Puerperal CS6 version 13.0.1.3 For is can use the CS5  optional plug-ins Web Photo Galleries and Picture Package where Change in subscription CS6 version 13.1.2 can not.  However the subscription version also has a fix not in the perpetual version that fixes a scripting I reported.

However CC tried to update my version 13.0.1.3 I guess to version 13.1.2 instead it broke CS6 and it reported it was version 13.0 Updates always then fail with the U44M1P7 error.  I did not ask for CS6 to be update. So I install CS6 on top of the broken CS6 install and CS6 was back leveled to a working version CS6 version 13.0.  After I did the that the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application was able to update CS6 to version 13.1.2 the subscription version.  The old CS5 optional plug-ins loaded however, they do now work so I removed the plug-ins and resign to using Subscription CS6 version 13.1.2.  I only use that for testint users problems.

I use CC 2014 IMO it seems to be the best version of Photoshop to use.

1 person found this helpful