2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2008 11:03 AM by Gregory Lafrance

Datagrid Multiple Selection Issue

vky84
      Hi Flexy Gurus,

Guys, m stuck in a problem, that i want to select multiple values from the data grid in flex.

It works fine for single selection and give me the result when i use the syntax dg.selectedItem.nodename

Unfortunately when i select multiple rows and use the syntax dg.selectedItems.nodename it gives a warning that "Data bindings will not be able to detect nodename"

I want to select multiple values from the data grid and save the selected data to the new table of db. Please help me as soon as possible.

FYI. Datagrid is initially filled automatically by reading values from DB.

Thanks everyone!
        • 1. Re: Datagrid Multiple Selection Issue
          Level 7

"vky84" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g7p446$145$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi Flexy Gurus,
          >
          > Guys, m stuck in a problem, that i want to select multiple values from the
          > data grid in flex.
          >
          > It works fine for single selection and give me the result when i use the
          > syntax dg.selectedItem.nodename
          >
          > Unfortunately when i select multiple rows and use the syntax
          > dg.selectedItems.nodename it gives a warning that "Data bindings will not
          > be
          > able to detect nodename"
          >
          > I want to select multiple values from the data grid and save the selected
          > data
          > to the new table of db. Please help me as soon as possible.

This is really bad practice, unless you need to save the current state of
          the data for archival purposes and then change that data. And even then
          it's still kind of a bad practice, as there are much better ways to handle
          this.

However, you should look at the selectedItems array. It will probably do
          what you want.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Datagrid Multiple Selection Issue
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            AdvancedDataGrid gives good support for selecting multiple items. In this example, hold down Ctrl key and select several calls, then click the button: