• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow keys not working in After Effects

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a really strange issue with After Effects. For some reason, the arrow keys on my keyboard don't work correctly anymore. I can use them to nudge layers position on the canvas, but anytime I use them to navigate within a text field (like when naming a layer, or editing an expression) they no longer work. If I have text selected, typing any of the arrow keys deletes the text. If I have the cursor somewhere in the text, the arrow keys do nothing. It's VERY frustrating.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've deleted my preferences to see if that might be the issue, but no. I've restarted several times and the problem persists. I'm pulling what's left of my hair out here!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not reproduce your bug on the latest 4 versions of AE I have installed. What is your OS and AE version down to the last decimal point? Is your version of AE up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences seems to have worked. (Apparently, trashing the prefs isn't the same as resetting?)

For what it's worth, I'm on After Effects 14.2.1.34 & Mac OS 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both good steps when AE Starts acting wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to reset your preferences:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue just after I was trying to type a degree symbol, maybe the wrong combination of keys could generate/replicate this error.

Resetting Preferences fix this for me.
I'm on After Effects 15.0.0. & Mac OS 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines