Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic open files via generator

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am photo retoucher and I like to automate my workflow, because I daily process hundred of photos.

There is a question: How can I automate opening files from one batch? The system could work by opening two photos and when I finish editing and close this two photos, photoshop could open two other photos in the batch.

Is there any existing script for this action or do you have some ideas for making this system via photoshop Generator ?

Thanks,

Steve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

I don’t think Generator would offer benefits here.

A Scripting solution might be possible.

If one first selects a bunch of images via a Script one could store the paths in a txt, xmp, … and on closing a file have a Script linked to the Close-event via File > Scripts > Script Events Manager check the list, compare save-dates and open further ones.

Not sure how useful this would ultimately be, but you could ask for help over at

Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think Generator would offer benefits here.

A Scripting solution might be possible.

If one first selects a bunch of images via a Script one could store the paths in a txt, xmp, … and on closing a file have a Script linked to the Close-event via File > Scripts > Script Events Manager check the list, compare save-dates and open further ones.

Not sure how useful this would ultimately be, but you could ask for help over at

Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines