Flash Player download show _EXE instead of .EXE

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions Version 27.0.0.130

Not sure if the site has been hacked or was this a type-o? See the following:

file should be   .exe   not    _exe

I don't want to download if the file has been compromised. I have many users that might attempt to rename the file to .exe

Please let me know if this can be fixed?

Thank you,

Brian Cerveny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.  I'll check with the team that owns that page.

I don't want to download if the file has been compromised. I have many users that might attempt to rename the file to .exe

Are you distributing Flash Player within your organization?  If so, the web (shim) installer, which you are downloading, is not the best install vector for distribution within an organization.  The web/shim installers is a small file that then downloads the full Flash Player (and any other optional 3rd party software selected for download) silently in the background.  Distributing Flash Player within an organization requires a distribution license (free for vast majority of use cases) and valid distribution license holders gain access to the full installers (EXE & MSI).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a distribution license that I do use to distribute Flash.

I do on occasion, have one-offs that I use the public, web installer download.

Thank you,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming.  I have forwarded your post to the team that handles that page and am waiting to hear back from them.

What operating system and browser are you observing the behaviour on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using IE 11 on Windows 7x64 fully patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brianc2546354 ,

This appears to be a browser related issue, not an issue with Flash Player installers, or adobe.com site.  Please see  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/the-dot-in-download-filenames-always-gets... for assistance.  If you continue to experience issues, please contact Microsoft support and/or help community as this is a browser issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines