Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC ALT+Right Click brush size changing delay

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Photoshop CC and when I ALT+right click and drag to change the brush size it has a delay before the brush appears and changes the size. I see this happens only in CC because in CS6 works smoothly.
Anyone found a fix for this issue?

Many thanks!

P.S. I'm using a mouse and Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the left and right bracket keys to resize the brush? [ and ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you have display glitches then it's lily to do with the GPU acceleration which can be switched off in the preferences. Or, you may also want to try updating the driver for your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.

With the brackets it's takes a lot more time and I don't find it as effective as alt+right click.

I tried to disable the GPU acceleration and update the graphics card driver and the issue is still there.

I just checked them all and the only place where the brush resizing using ALT+right click works without delay is when I'm using the Liquify tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same and kinda annoying..

and with the brush tool i'm pretty sure it has something to do with some conflict with the eydropper brush function which is activated by just pressing alt.

for example, when using the brush, if you press alt, the eyedropper tool is activated.

this one has some delay also..

if, after a few seconds you right click, the brush size preview is activated, with some half second delay.

but, if you press alt, (eyedrop tool), then you left click to use the tool, and then you right click to resize the brush, the brush preview activates instantly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried also to update to latest version of Ps CC and it's the same issue.. so it might be a program related thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the 'PS CC 2018' update and still the same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
same here PS CC 2019 doesn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines