• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp shows 'negative' of sampled area inside the tool

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only recently I have noticed that the clone stamp tool's behaviour seems to have changed, because the cloned area now appears to display a negative or inverted colour version of the sampled area, whereas it just used to show the sampled pixels. Choose an opacity of, say, 30% and, as the stamp is applied by left-clicking, it clones pixels from the sample area OK but, as the cloning builds up, the interior of the tool gradually darkens, so you can't really see what you're doing.

In the example below I've got a tool of 175px with a hardness of 30% and I Alt-clicked the target on the house's doorway. The screen shot shows the tool's appearance, which looks like a negative of the sampled area.

weird-clone-stamp-nterior.jpg

Is this behaving correctly, or has there been a change to Photoshop, or do I perhaps have a graphics driver problem?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Go to Window>Clone Source and make sure Normal is the blend mode and Invert is not checked.

cls.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This second screenshot shows the same image after applying the stamp six or seven times, then moving the tool upwards, away from the cloned area.  Cloning has taken place properly but the tool still shows a negative image of the sampled area and if it's moved over the cloned area it darkens and obscures the previous cloning.

weird-clone-stamp-interior-after-apllication.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window>Clone Source and make sure Normal is the blend mode and Invert is not checked.

cls.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, Jeff.

I thought it had to be something simple like that but hadn't noticed that blend mode was set to Difference.

Doh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines