3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 6:41 PM by RjL190365

Potential Laptop Specs

jeremyw51153841

As have many others, I am looking to order a custom laptop for Adobe CC '17. I know just enough with computers, but not enough to feel comfortable without getting some feedback. I am looking to be portable, therefore the laptop, but also to potentially be able to have up to two additional screens connected.  I mainly use Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Encoder for Video Editing. Most projects run from :30 TV spots to 5-10 minute videos. I'll mainly edit and output 1080. There may be a need to bring in 4K but not output. My budget is between $2000 - $2500. I've searched reviews and have been looking at the following laptop from XOTIC PC.

Sager NP9153 (Clevo P750DM2-G)

15.6" FHD 16:9 IPS LED-Backlit Display with Matte Finish w/G-SYNC Technology (1920x1080)

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition Preinstalled (Clean Install | Drivers Only | No Bloatware)

7th Gen Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700(3.6 GHz - 4.2GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB) GDDR5 (PASCAL) DX12

32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory

250 GB Western Digital Blue M.2 SSD (Think I can still upgrade)

HDD Raid Settings OFF

1TB 7200RPM SATA III - 6GB/S

Bigfoot Networks Killer Dual Band Wireless-AC N1535 (M.2 Chip) + Bluetooth 4.1

IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

• 1. Re: Potential Laptop Specs
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Very good configuration, I would suggest using a SATA III SSD like you have for your OS/Applications and then get a second super speed M.2 SSD like a Samsung 960 EVO (or PRO) large enough for your current working projects and media.  Then you could move finished projects/media to the hard disk drive.

Do not forget to tune your computer even though you are getting a "clean install"  Disable all unnecessary startup processes turn off indexing on the drives.and plan on using AC power for any real editing as in laptops everything gets powered down to save battery power and your CPU and GPU on battery are really slowed down (you might want a Spare Power Adapter and or Car/Mobile Adapter)

• 2. Re: Potential Laptop Specs
            jeremyw51153841 Level 1

Thanks for the responses Bill. I'll definitely look into the Samsung.  I believe that was one of the upgrade choices.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Potential Laptop Specs
              RjL190365 Level 4

Wise decision, especially since that WD Blue m.2 SSD only supports the SATA protocol rather than the PCIe protocol.