10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 10:46 PM by Arshad091

Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

hannajohn63

I purchased the Creative Cloud Photography plan, but Lightroom is telling me that my trial has expired. I tried uninstalling the app, signing out and back in, and even tried the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, but nothing has worked. I tried to cancel my account and Adobe offered 60 days of free service, so I kept my subscription, but it still says my trial has expired. When I signed in via the Lightroom app, it told me I had licensed my software, but my account status does not reflect that.

Also, when I try to open Lightroom, it starts opening more Lightroom windows, one after another, until I have to shut down my computer just to get them to stop opening.

Any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
          Theresa J Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried logging in with the Creative Cloud desktop application? Here's a link to the download page. Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Also make sure that you are logging in with same same user name and password you used when you purchased the plan.

• 2. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
            hannajohn63 Level 1

Yes, I've logged in with the desktop application and have been using the same user name and password.

• 3. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

Click on your profile pic in the upper right of the CC application and then click on Manage Account. This will take you to your account online and provide information about your plan. Does it say that you have an active paid plan when you go there?

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.36.58 PM.png

• 4. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
                hannajohn63 Level 1

Yes, it says my plan is active and I verified that all my billing information is correct.

• 5. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

Where exactly does it tell you that your trial has expired? Your original comment mentions signing in via the Lightroom app, but you answered my first comment by saying you are using the CC app to login. So can you confirm that the CC application shows you are logged in? What happens when you open Lr after making sure you are logged in via the CC app?

• 6. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
                    hannajohn63 Level 1

Yes, I've tried logging in both ways to see if one would properly activate my account. It's telling me that my trial has ended in the CC app. When I try to open Lr after logging in via the CC app, multiple Lr windows open, almost like there's a bug with the program, and it tells me that my develop module is disabled.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 6.58.34 AM.png

• 7. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

What does it say when you click on your profile pic? Does it say you are signed in, like mine does? What happens when you click on Buy Now?

I'm not sure what the multiple windows opening is all about. I know the develop module won't work until you get logged into your account.

• 8. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
                        hannajohn63 Level 1

Yes, it says I'm signed in when I click on my profile pic. When I click on Buy Now, it takes me to the Adobe checkout where I see the following image.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 4.55.09 PM.png

• 9. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue

I'm sorry but I am really at a loss for ideas now. If it was me I'd try to wipe everything clean and start over. I know you used the Cleaner Tool to reinstall Lightroom. I'd use it to clean everything Adobe from your computer. Then I would start over by installing the Creative Cloud application first and logging in there. Then download and instal Lr from the CC application. I hope this works. I don't know what else to suggest.

• 10. Re: Expired Trial Error & Technical Issue
                            Arshad091

Got this in another thread. Might help:

Validating Software License Loop

Please perform following steps depending on your Operating system to fix this issue.

Activation issue Mac

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/   and click go.

3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.

3) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .

4) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db

5)Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries

6) Launch cc app and it should work fine

Activation issue windows

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

4) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

5) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

6) Launch cc app and sign in .