Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggressive caching behaviour

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The manual specifies that:

Supporting dynamic outflags can greatly improve performance, preventing After Effects from invalidating your effect's cache as aggressively as it otherwise would.

My problem is the opposite, After Effects often thinks it has valid pixels when it doesn't. For example, I apply my effect and keyframe the % param to 0. I move forward and set a second key to 100%. After Effects still thinks the first frame is cached and valid, even though I just animated my slider. However if I change another slider, it then invalidates the first frame.

I have NON_PARAM_VARY set, so I'm a little confused on how I can make the caching behaviour more aggressive. Any ideas would be appreciated.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's kind of strange...

is there any other flag set for that param, such as

PF_PUI_STD_CONTROL_ONLY, or PF_ParamFlag_EXCLUDE_FROM_HAVE_INPUTS_CHANGED?

in any case, you can implement PF_OutFlag2_I_MIX_GUID_DEPENDENCIES and

uncache frames as you see fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion Shachar, I'd been wondering what PF_OutFlag2_I_MIX_GUID_DEPENDENCIES was for. Turns out the problem was I'd forgotten to set the wide time flag, as I'm checking out values at different times. Silly me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines