8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 9:16 AM by Bruce Lef

    "mailto:" and "tel:" links do not work in InAppBrowser (Android only)

    andrei_k Level 1

      I am using Banners to link to web content that contain mailto: and tel: links. On iOS, these links work as they should. However, Android displays an error: "Web page not available net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME". When the same page is opened using the default Device Browser, the links work fine.

       

      I tried to modify the config.xml in the root by adding <access origin="mailto:*" launch-external="true" /> and <access origin="tel:*" launch-external="true" />. I rebuilt the app using a custom shell with the modified config.xml and appropriate plugins. However, this didn't resolve the problem.

       

      I am wondering if anyone has a come across a solution or workaround for this problem.