4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 5:50 AM by aboushley

Larger Font Preview

Is it possible to increase the size of the font preview?

There is no way to really see the subtle differences between fonts with such a small preview.

I am currently looking into a font manager but increasing the size of the font preview in Fireworks eliminate that need for me.

Thank you for your help.
        • 1. Re: Larger Font Preview
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          When I'm selecting a font to work with in Fireworks, I type out the text I'm going to use and switch back to the pointer tool. From there I right-click the text in question and choose "editor". I'll move the text editor box so I can concentrate on the original text, and then click the list of fonts in the "editor". Now I can change the font using my keyboard arrow keys , which lets me rapidly look through the fonts.

I hope that helps!
          • 2. Re: Larger Font Preview
            aboushley Level 1
            @Joey - What "Editor"? I don't see anything like what you are referring to.

Once I have created some text, I click on it and go down to the properties panel and pull up the fonts list and use my arrows key to select different fonts. But the font preview that pops up on the right of the font pull up menu is too small and I would like to find a way to make it larger.
            • 3. Re: Larger Font Preview
              pixlor Level 4
              Select your text. On the menu, click on Text> Editor...

If you check the "Show font" and "Show size & color" checkboxes, the preview will show you how your text will look as you change fonts using the drop-down box in the dialog.

As you change the font, the text in your image will change. (You may need to arrange your image and the dialog box.) When I'm experimenting, sometimes I like to click in the font drop down box, select the first font, and then press the down arrow key repeatedly to see text in all my fonts.

Joey's suggestion is to select the text, right-click on it ,and select Editor... It brings up the same dialog. If you're on a Mac, you may have to hold down a key (Option?) while you click to get this context menu, I don't know how that works. But the menu select will work.
              • 4. Re: Larger Font Preview
                aboushley Level 1
                I have been using the Fireworks CS4 Beta and this feature is removed in CS4 :(

I have now gone back to Fireworks CS3 and it is there! Thank you so much for your help.