I'll need to get some information from you to troubleshoot further. Please provide the following:
- Operating System, including version, of an impacted system.
- What is your deployment procedure?
- Which install vector (EXE or MSI) do you use to deploy Flash Player?
- Do you run the standalone uninstaller as part of your deployment procedure?
- Do you redeploy the mms.cfg file disabling Update Notifications with each deployment?
- Upload the mms.cfg file from an impacted system to cloud.acrobat.com/send (How to share a document) and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.
Apologies for the late reply to this, didn't get a notification email for your reply.
-Our PC fleet is mainly Windows 10, but we also have WIn7,8,8.1 which are affected also.
-Initial deployment of flash player is through SCCM using MSI installer
-We deploy updates via SCCM Software Updates, using the Ivanti Patch (formerly called Shavlik) for 3rd party updates
-Standalone Uninstaller is not used in normal processes; only if there is an issue on a computer & we need a clean installation of flash player
-mms.cfg is deployed to all systems via AD Group Policy Preferences & is copied to all systems at start up
-Not sure if you need the file uploaded, its a single line containing just (file has not been modified since 2011):
Thanks in advance.
Just got the popup again myself...
Commandline for the process generating the popup is:
"C:\windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_27_0_0_183_pepper.exe" -update pepperplugin
Guessing i'm gonna get about 50 calls today asking about the popup... Any help is appreciated.
What is your Windows OS version?
I'd like to view the FlashInstall log file(s) from your system. Please provide the following files:
- 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
- 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstal32.log (both files are required on a 64-bit OS)
- mms.cfg file from the same system. I realize it only has the one entry, however, I'd like to test with your file.
Upload the files to a file sharing service of your choice (that doesn't require account log-in) or cloud.acrobat.com/send. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply. If you prefer, you can private message me the link. To send a private message, click on my user_name link and then on the 'Message' button link. For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.
PM has been sent with the link.
Windows is Win10 x64 Enterprise, v1607
Thank you. We'll investigate. I'll try to have some sort of update for you tomorrow.