• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking issue

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main priority is simply getting the video effect (asteroid) into the still picture (house). But Im having trouble getting the moving asteroid mask into the still house picture. Can someone help?

Screenshot 2017-09-13 08.19.42.png

V1 shows the keyframe of the mask around the beginnings of the asteroid.

Screenshot 2017-09-13 08.19.51.png

Here I snatched up everything that was original and could be in the still house photo (I.E. fire, debris, smoke, etc)

Screenshot 2017-09-13 08.20.06.png

Here is my still photo. My goal is to take that asteroid and slowly come in and destroy the house. I know I have my work cut out for me in the subtleties, but Im already struggling to even get the asteroid into the picture!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing a picture of Premiere. You want to composite this in After Effects. After Effects has better masking tools and keyframing controls. Are you trying to do this in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was attempting this in Premiere, yes. Do you think it's doable in after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compositing like this is all about layers, masking and color corrections. Getting the house to blow up only really works if you have something to put behind the house after it blows up. That's a layer. Your Astroid is another layer. The explosion is also a layer. Lighting effects, particles from the house shattering, shadows, reflections of the blast in other windows and highlights that you would see on trees and other buildings from the flash are also other layers.

AE is perfect for this but it's a lot more work than dropping a layer in the timeline and adding an effect. A very minimalist approach if you have video of an astroid coming into frame and exploding is 3 layers, the background behind the house on the bottom, the house with something like Shatter applied and the astroid with explosion footage. If your set up is this simple it will look cartoonish but the astroid will enter the frame and blow up and the house will disappear. if the shot was in one of the movies I work on there would probably be about 10 or 20 layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great response, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree, do it After Effects. AE will provide the tools for compositing but you still need the knowledge to create it. Video Copilot has a lot of great tutorials for Explosions in After Effects.

Try: VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professional...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines