2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 8:27 AM by Colin Holgate

Adding and animating images onto exiting video clips.

ashtinmarie1986 Level 1

My goal - can this be done in Animate or do I need two different programs?

Import a video clip. Take an image of my face, add it onto the body inside the video clip, animate my face and add speech over the video clip.

Will need additional still images placed AND animated on the video as well.

Looking at different programs and not sure if animate is enough for this...

Any help is super appreciated!

• 1. Re: Adding and animating images onto exiting video clips.
          Preran Adobe Employee

From the little I know of Adobe Animate, I don't think you can achieve all your intentions using the software. You will probably have to go with a cross product workflow. I am thinking that Premiere Pro and After Effects are probably better suited for what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: Adding and animating images onto exiting video clips.
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

One handy workflow is this:

1. You have your good quality video that you want to add your animated face to. Using Adobe Media Encoder to make an H.264 MP4 file. The quality doesn't matter too much.

2. In Animate make a new ActionScript 3.0 FLA that is the size and frame rate of the video. For example, 1920x1080 at 25 or 30 frames per second.

3. File/Import/Import Video... to get the MP4 into the the Animate timeline. Lock the layer that it's in.

4. Make another layer and scrub through the timeline to find the part you want to trace over. Do your animation and sound.

5. File/Export/Export Video, to export your animation layer. The export won't include the MP4 layer. In the export dialog is an option to send the video to Adobe Media Encoder. Uncheck that box, so that you end up with a large MOV file.

6. Take your original high quality video, and the exported animation, into Premiere. To two should line up, and you can export the combined videos.