• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are previously imported folders appearing as "greyed" out.? and not usable when the original folder is still on the desktop and should be accessible ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in LR 6 and when returning to edit previously imported folders the thumbnails are "greyed" out  and not usable .Even though the original folder is still on the desktop and should be accessible ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is supposed to happen with previously imported folders. You do not want to import the photos a second time, the photos are already imported into Lightroom. All you have to do is go to the Library Module and find the photos and you can then perform any operation in Lightroom on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj,

I did assume the photos are in LR as well as the folder on the desdktop. Bt when I go from library module to develop , the thumbnails are "greyed" out and I can't work on them.

Very puzzling.

RB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The photos are NOT in Lightroom. They have been imported into LR, which means that the LR database has a record of the location of the photo, and a record of other important information about the photo, but not the photo itself.

As far as I know, thumbnails do not get greyed out in the Library Module. So please show us a screen capture of what you are seeing.

Also: you state

I can't work on them.

Exactly what happens when you try? Is there an error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines