• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after updating photshop CC I have a printer error

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents.

I see that this happened in 2016 and I had a similar problem when I updated prior to early release of 2017 but it seems to have returned.  Need help as can't print unless I print from preview.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Hi Rebecca

I don't use a Mac (only Windows) so hopefully someone who does will come along to give further advice.

In the meantime - just in case - try a Photoshop Preference reset - go to Preferences >General choose reset Preferences on Quit then close and re-open Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. First and foremost, you should now reinstall your printer drivers. Often times, reinstalling or upgrading any application that uses your printer can potentially corrupt some divers etc. If this doesn't fix your problem please tell us! Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue after the Windows 10 "creator" update. I went to print from Photoshop and got an error message - following which Print was greyed out in the menu. I restarted Photoshop and the same thing happened.

The answer was simple . I went into the Windows control panel and selected a default printer. This restored all to normal.

If this, or the previous answer from Kristian does not resolve your issue please give some system details to help us to help you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dave, I checked and it looks as if my drivers are all up-to-date. I made the epson my default printer, Turned it off and on and turned photoshop off and on. That allows me to try to print but then I get that error message and it greys out. I have an Epson Wf 7525 and the only option for drivers to download is for the scanner, which works. I am loathe to update that, but if you think I should…

I can print from adobe acrobat Pro and preview.

I have a mac. Sierra 10.12.5

Thanks for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca

I don't use a Mac (only Windows) so hopefully someone who does will come along to give further advice.

In the meantime - just in case - try a Photoshop Preference reset - go to Preferences >General choose reset Preferences on Quit then close and re-open Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, your preferences fix worked this time! I will continue to print and hopefully it is sorted! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca

Glad it worked. If the problem re-occurs please post back

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated everything, dumped prefs, only photoshop can't print. just updated to 2018. Only thing is Win10 update today that changed anything, and rolling it back threatens to delete programs. Workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have re installed printer drivers, manually selected default printer, reset Photoshop preferences, and uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop to no avail. I have taken two days off work so far, to try and sort this out, and am about to lose another days pay. Seriously annoyed with Adobes lack of customer support and pathetic help topics that do nothing other than send you round in loops of unanswered questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having issues since I updated today. I keel getting printer errors, so i reset the preferences like stated above now every time i try to open a new image photoshop closes itself down. Can someone please help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is ridiculous. how is it that adobe is less stable now that they charge monthly? this is two years later and the issue still happens. and i should not have to delete my preferences (AGAIN) to be able to print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines