• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total noob looking to simply change blend mode

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in the prepress industry and I can't tell you how critical it is in my line of work that we make sure that certain blends are used and others avoided for the sake of printability.

As the subject line tells you, I know exactly squat when it comes to scripting, only that it's beyond my capabilities at the moment. I've looked at sample scripts and just when I think I start to understand, I look at another and it all unravels for me.

I'm looking to do one of the more simpler things to do in Illustrator, which is to find objects using a particular blend mode and switch it to another. Right now, I either painstakingly inspect the supplied art for those blend modes or come across it by happy accident.

Even pointing me in the right direction would be helpful!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Gabe11  schrieb

… I'm looking to do one of the more simpler things to do in Illustrator, which is to find objects using a particular blend mode and switch it to another …

Sorry. but this is an impossible thing. You cannot find blend modes in additional fills and/or strokes which are added in the appereance palette.

For simple paths you can use something like this

if (app.activeDocument.pathItems[0].blendingMode != BlendModes.NORMAL ) {

alert("Blend mode is not normal blend mode")

}

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gabe11  schrieb

… I'm looking to do one of the more simpler things to do in Illustrator, which is to find objects using a particular blend mode and switch it to another …

Sorry. but this is an impossible thing. You cannot find blend modes in additional fills and/or strokes which are added in the appereance palette.

For simple paths you can use something like this

if (app.activeDocument.pathItems[0].blendingMode != BlendModes.NORMAL ) {

alert("Blend mode is not normal blend mode")

}

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines