• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make three different gifs into one gif (layer)?

Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I wanted to ask how is it possible to create such gif which has 3 completely different gifs in one?
Gif is not mine, found on tumblr.

tumblr_omih795bs51skw8jlo1_r1_500.gif

What I have to do to create similar set?  Does anybody know or have a tutorial?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Hmmm...  It would be doable, but a lot of it would need to be done manually.  I'd be inclined to open each GIF by itself, and arrange top have the same number of frames in each one.  That might be by deleting or adding frames at whatever point will be least evident.

Then Load the first GIF with the Motion workspace, and enlarge the canvas size to accommodate all three GIFs.  Select all of the layers in GIF one, and group them.  You'd better test the GIF at this point because I am not sure if that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...  It would be doable, but a lot of it would need to be done manually.  I'd be inclined to open each GIF by itself, and arrange top have the same number of frames in each one.  That might be by deleting or adding frames at whatever point will be least evident.

Then Load the first GIF with the Motion workspace, and enlarge the canvas size to accommodate all three GIFs.  Select all of the layers in GIF one, and group them.  You'd better test the GIF at this point because I am not sure if that would break the animation.  If it does, undo the grouping.

Open the other two GIFs, having previously matched the frame count, and this time definitely group all the layers.  Drag the group to the first animation's tab. Twirl open the group, and manually select each frame in turn, and switch on the appropriate layer.

Repeat this for the third GIF, and it is job done.  Export out to Save for Web (legacy) and you have your three-in-one GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animated gif files are quite standard and were very popular a view years ago.

You can find a tutorial here: Create animated GIFs |

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines