• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring files from Lightroom 6 to CS6 and colour changes

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony A99 2, lightroom 6 and a trial CS6.

When I edit in Lightroom 6 then move to edit in PS6 the image colour is not the same. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

There is no need to look at color settings or document profiles. That is not where the problem is. Default settings in both applications are fine as they are.

This is about the monitor profile, which is set up at system level. A calibrator will set it all up for you. The application gets the monitor profile from the operating system, and loads it at application startup.

A defective monitor profile can affect different applications differently. This is always the prime suspect. To test this, replac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you transfer the file?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom, click on tab Photo -  edit in Photoshop

I have been doing it all the time but I had to wipe my machine and since I reinstalled everything I am getting this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like this is a color management issue.  Make sure both LR and PS are using the same Monitor profile.  Check to make sure the document profile is the same in both softwares. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To check the document profile in LR look at the LR prefs

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.48.14 AM.png

then after openuing the image in PS look here:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.51.05 AM.png

the arrow defaults to document size but you can choose what it displays.

If both LR and PS agree this is a system level monitor profile issue.  So if that's the case you will need to remake the monitor profile.  Normally ICC profiles don't ever "go bad" so I suspect an OS or dual monitor issue. 

if that is the case then I'll need to know "Which OS is your system on".  If it's Windows you may need to make sure the drivers are updated and the system is up to date.  If it's Mac it should just work, and you may only need to Repair Disk Permissions and restart.   

Last resort to make a new monitor profile.  To do that I'd use X-Rite ColorMunki as the low cost solution and depending on your application an i1Pro2 with i1Profiler as the most accurate solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, document profiles are not the question here. There is no need for Photoshop and Lightroom to be synchronized in any way.

These applications are fully color managed and should display correctly whatever the document profile is, whatever the working space is.

You will not even see any effects from gamut clipping, since it will be clipped to monitor color space anyway. The only exception is if an AdobeRGB/ProPhoto file is converted to sRGB and you have a wide gamut monitor. Then you may see clipping occur.

The problem here is the conversion from <whatever source profile> into the monitor profile. And that's where a defective profile may affect different applications differently. Making a new profile isn't "last resort" - it's the very first step in any troubleshooting.

Lightroom / Photoshop get the monitor profile from the OS, whatever is set as system default, and load that profile at startup. There is a current bug that causes ACR to use the wrong monitor profile in a dual monitor setup (i.e. the main display profile even if the app is on the secondary display). This bug has of yet unknown causes and seems to affect Mac OS and Windows equally. The workaround is to switch primary/secondary display assignment in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to look at color settings or document profiles. That is not where the problem is. Default settings in both applications are fine as they are.

This is about the monitor profile, which is set up at system level. A calibrator will set it all up for you. The application gets the monitor profile from the operating system, and loads it at application startup.

A defective monitor profile can affect different applications differently. This is always the prime suspect. To test this, replace the current profile with a known good one, like sRGB IEC61966-2.1. This is diagnostic and not a fix, but if the difference disappears, that confirms a bad profile. Make a new one.

It could also be that the wrong profile is being used in a multi-monitor setup. Finally, it could be that the GPU botches the conversion, so also try to uncheck "use graphics processor" in both applications' preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines