1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 8:27 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks photoshop dreamweaver help

scarmack488
      Im new to web design and create web sites inside of photoshop and then put them into dreamweaver then to the web. i have 2-3 web sites up and running now so im not a complete goon.

now i went to take my web sites to the next level by adding roll overs and drop downs and wat not..my only problem is i cant get my roll overs from fireworks into photoshop to save to my page where the roll overs still work. i never used fireworks before so i dont know it that well so im sure im doing something wrong.

i tryd doing roll overs in Dreamweaver but my project right now involves a Calendar and when you roll over the date a memo pops up but in dreamweaver your roll over is only as big as the active area so when u make it the size of the date its WAY to small and u have to make it bigger then it takes up 3-4 dates just so you can read it. therefore this is why i went to fireworks, just dont know how to link everything together

recap

im building all my layouts inside photoshop, then saving them to the web, putting them into Dreamweaver, doing all the linking in there.

id appreciate any help!

thanks

Sean Scarmack

www.seanscarmack.com
      www.sms-racing.com
      www.thelmassportsnook.com
      www.bdxtrucking.com
        • 1. Re: Fireworks photoshop dreamweaver help
          Level 7
          > Im new to web design and create web sites inside of photoshop and then put
          > them
          > into dreamweaver then to the web. i have 2-3 web sites up and running now
          > so im
          > not a complete goon.

Hmm - neither PS nor FW write production-quality HTML, you know? It's
          suitable for prototyping but that's it. The HTML that these programs write
          is notoriously fragile, breaking at the slightest change in the shape of the
          page, and rendering all over the place in different browsers/platforms.

> now i went to take my web sites to the next level by adding roll overs and
          > drop downs and wat not..my only problem is i cant get my roll overs from
          > fireworks into photoshop to save to my page where the roll overs still
          > work. i
          > never used fireworks before so i dont know it that well so im sure im
          > doing
          > something wrong.

Use graphics apps to create graphics. Use HTML apps to write HTML. All of
          your layout and interactivity is best done in DW.

> i tryd doing roll overs in Dreamweaver but my project right now involves a
          > Calendar and when you roll over the date a memo pops up but in dreamweaver
          > your
          > roll over is only as big as the active area so when u make it the size of
          > the
          > date its WAY to small and u have to make it bigger then it takes up 3-4
          > dates
          > just so you can read it. therefore this is why i went to fireworks, just
          > dont
          > know how to link everything together

Bad decision. The bottom line is this - if you are going to create web
          pages, you will have to learn some HTML and CSS. DW will punish you if you
          do not. The reasons you give in this paragraph are easily dealt with in DW
          with a little HTML/CSS knowledge.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"scarmack488" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g7heq1$fq1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Im new to web design and create web sites inside of photoshop and then put
          > them
          > into dreamweaver then to the web. i have 2-3 web sites up and running now
          > so im
          > not a complete goon.
          >
          > now i went to take my web sites to the next level by adding roll overs and
          > drop downs and wat not..my only problem is i cant get my roll overs from
          > fireworks into photoshop to save to my page where the roll overs still
          > work. i
          > never used fireworks before so i dont know it that well so im sure im
          > doing
          > something wrong.
          >
          > i tryd doing roll overs in Dreamweaver but my project right now involves a
          > Calendar and when you roll over the date a memo pops up but in dreamweaver
          > your
          > roll over is only as big as the active area so when u make it the size of
          > the
          > date its WAY to small and u have to make it bigger then it takes up 3-4
          > dates
          > just so you can read it. therefore this is why i went to fireworks, just
          > dont
          > know how to link everything together
          >
          > recap
          >
          > im building all my layouts inside photoshop, then saving them to the web,
          > putting them into Dreamweaver, doing all the linking in there.
          >
          > id appreciate any help!
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > Sean Scarmack
          >
          > www.seanscarmack.com
          > www.sms-racing.com
          > www.thelmassportsnook.com
          > www.bdxtrucking.com
          >