Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to load apps for testing on iOS through iTunes 12.7

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

With the recent announcement of iTunes 12.7 removing functionality for syncing of apps, I was wondering how one now can test an ipa on an iOS device. Does iTunes 12.7 still allow one to put an app in the Library and transfer it to the iOS device? I am very reluctant to update iTunes until I know how I can continue to test my apps.

Thanks!

-jonathan

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also facing the similar situation, did Apple have changed app installation procedure, in the process of app tab removal from iTunes?

And what are new ways for app developers to install and debug apps on iOS, except xCode?

Thanks,

-Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try iFunbox | the File and App Management Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. It is pretty straightforward to install IPAs on a device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some third party apps like the one mentioned above that you can use. If you have a Mac, you can use Xcode to do it in the devices window. I just did a Google search for iTunes 12.6.2 download and re-installed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines