Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiles Grout Effect

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions how to make the most realistic grout effects in the tiles design? Somebody made it for me some designs in photoshop, but I'm looking to improve it.

hollyday.jpgInstallation of tiles in the shower.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi you could try something like this :

1. Use the pen tool to create a path in the shape of the grout lines

2.Add a mask and stroke the path with black onto that mask

3.Add a color fill layer with the grout color

4. Add a layer effect to the image layer using Bevel and Emboss to shape the tiles and Drop Shadow to shadow the grout

5. Add a painted shadow between the image and the grout layer to darken under the bath

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you could try something like this :

1. Use the pen tool to create a path in the shape of the grout lines

2.Add a mask and stroke the path with black onto that mask

3.Add a color fill layer with the grout color

4. Add a layer effect to the image layer using Bevel and Emboss to shape the tiles and Drop Shadow to shadow the grout

5. Add a painted shadow between the image and the grout layer to darken under the bath

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

That's look really good!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an alternative to Dave's suggestion you could apply a Pattern overlay to the image? you could use a photograph of a tile, or tiles with good grouting. Add Black & White adjustment layer to create a grey scale image. Select the area to be used for the pattern with the rectangular marquee tool, then go to Edit > Define pattern.

then, on your image layer that you want to look tiled, add a pattern overlay. In the settings choose your tile pattern and then experiment with the blending modes and opcity settings to apply it to the layer beneath. Overlay mode or hard light may work well but I can't try it right now as I'm on my iPad.

let me know if this works for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you could use a displacement map on top of this just to give the surface of the tiles a bit more depth, this would work particularly well if the tile surface was slightly bumpy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines