5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 12:06 PM by josephr19774008

Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser

josephr19774008 Level 1

Hi Everyone, I feel like I'm asking a lot of questions lately on this web based product. First quick question are there any documentation written on this product at a high level?

Then my other main question. I've shared PSDs with developers by adding them in a collaboration. I made them all have view rights, and for some reason they get an error when they try to extract assets. I then created a dummy account to test it and I gave that account both view then edit rights. I ended up getting the same issue. It seems like my main account that is hosting these files can pull assets only. Is that true? I feel like it's not because it's giving an error message and it's not saying no access rights.

Thanks again Everyone for the help!

-Joe

Here's a screen shot of the message they're receiving when they try to get assets.extract error.png

• 1. Re: Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

josephr19774008  wrote

Hi Everyone, I feel like I'm asking a lot of questions lately on this web based product. First quick question are there any documentation written on this product at a high level?

Then my other main question. I've shared PSDs with developers by adding them in a collaboration. I made them all have view rights, and for some reason they get an error when they try to extract assets. I then created a dummy account to test it and I gave that account both view then edit rights. I ended up getting the same issue. It seems like my main account that is hosting these files can pull assets only. Is that true? I feel like it's not because it's giving an error message and it's not saying no access rights.

First Photoshop is not a web based product. Photoshop Run one each users machine and you do not even need to be connected to the web to use Photoshop.

As a subscriber you gets some Adobe Cloud space to use.  I do not use any  or even create Libraries.  However you can create libraries put assets in your libraries and share your libraries with others.  Assets you place in your libraries will be on your machine and in Adobe's cloud. You can use your Assets on your main machine and your other activated machine and users you share your libraries with can also use your assets.  Adobe Cloud will sync all machines using your libraries so copies on all machines will be synced with the cloud when machines do connect to the web.   Being I do not use libraries I do not know where the problems you are having are.   As for documentation. Adobe Documentation and Help feature is not the best in the world.  However there are many book on Photoshop and the Creative Cloud as well as online courses.  You should look into sites like Lynda.com. Perhaps joins and take some courses dealing with Adobe software.  This site is funded by Adobe and is one of the best places you can find and get help about using Adobe products. Adone link this site in the help support.

I believe libraries assets should be accessed via Photoshop Libraries palette.  There may be some browser interface for  Adobe Cloud however I do not use adobe cloud space.

• 2. Re: Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser
            josephr19774008 Level 1

Hi JJMack,

Thank you for the reply, but I'm asking about the "Creative Cloud Extract" feature. You can shared PSDs with developers who don't own a subscription to photoshop and they are able to pull assets out of the PSD, they can see the layers, they can see the color codes, and font type and sizes. They can even get the spacing between different elements in the PSD. I placed this question under photoshop because the last question I had an admin moved here.

Yes, photoshop it's self is not a web based product, but the share of PSDs is. One of the coolest things Creative Cloud has to offer. I've looked on lynda.com and they do not offer anything on this tool besides the very basics. Sharing stuff just as a file repository is not helpful because other web apps like dropbox and onedrive I feel work better.

Here's a screen shot of the feature I'm asking about.CC Extract.png

Thanks for the help!

-Joe

• 3. Re: Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You could suggest taht to Adobe add such a feature.  However Adobe may just advise a subscription is the way to for sharing assets. You would use Adobe Feedback site for that.  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

• 4. Re: Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser
                josephr19774008 Level 1

Cool, thanks! I'll check out the Adobe Feedback site as well.

-Joe

• 5. Re: Extracting Assets in Creative Cloud Web Browser
                  josephr19774008 Level 1

I figured out the issue. Apparently creative cloud puts a permission on all of the shared files even if you give them edit access. I went into my creative cloud folder on my desktop and removed the lock and it worked. I don't know why it does this, but I'm glad I figured it out. I hope they change the way permissions work in the future.

-Joe