• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

internal software error- Encore 6.01

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have not made a DVD in a while and am getting an usual error while building.

I exported several sequences from Premiere 11.1.2 into Media Encoder as a m2v file. Nothing unusual...it worked fine. Plays back fine in encore. But when I try and build the DVD image I get the following error. This is the first timeline, called" Introduction".

PCG"Introduction: has an error at 00:02:31:28. Internal Software error: 0%, line Introduction- PCG Info: name=Introduction, ref=Cpgc, time= 00:02:31:28.

This is right at the very end of the sequence. The only thing I can think of as an issue is the sequence exports from Premiere were at 23.976 and I transcoded to 29.97 in AME.

As a test, I made a ProRes version of the sequence and imported into Encore and transcoded using one of the presets. Seems to work fine. Only issue I have is that I think it looks a little blurrier. I guess I can live with that but just curious what the heck the error is.

And I guess my only other question is should I leave everything at 23.976 and let Encore create the SD DVD at 29.97?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

I have these notes re the 332 error:

Chapter markers on top of each other or too close to beginning or end? [Possibly related to your gap issue?]

Multiple videos on one timeline? [Does not apply to your situation, correct?]

If not, are you using dynamic link? [Does not apply to your situation.]

Many users are still creating disks with current encoder.  I don't think it is just an incompatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an update...I tried same m2v files in DVD Studio Pro and I was able to make a DVD image with no errors or issues. Maybe just a bug between Encore and latest version of Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Encore forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaps in timeline is one thing that might cause this. Frame rate makes it an interesting issue. I can't find my notes on this error...

When 23.976 is exported from PR using the MPEG2-DVD, it creates the appropriate DVD spec file - 29.97 with pulldown. So no, do not change the settings to export it as 29.97.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well that is interesting...I guess DVD Studio Pro handles these files differently...cause as I mentioned I had converted all the files to 29.97 and made a DVD with no issues. I will, however, encode to 23.976 and see if it corrects the Encore issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I had a black color matte at the top and tail of each segment. I changed them to Black Video. Maybe that was an issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put black video with no audio (silence is okay), Encore may see it as a gap.

And yes, different authoring apps may handle the same files in different ways. The DVD specification requires very specific formats etc. The authoring apps re "abstraction" layers that take regular files and put them into the right form. And they all (encore in any event) does not handle some problems well at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, problem solved, sort of...The videos encoded with black video at 23.976 also failed to build with the same error code at 00:00:00:00, which maybe supports your idea of a gap issue.  I finally exported all the segments out as ProRes Quicktimes at 23.976 and encoded in Encore. That seems to work.

When I have time I will revisit this and insert some silent audio as well to the segments. But it might just be incompatibility between Encoder and Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got this error when I tried to encode a video thru Encore

Internal Software error:/Volumes/Builds/Amawat/Main/XcodeProjects/AuthorCore/../Sonic/DVDCreator/FprmatLib/Vobulator/TitlePlanner/CVOBUPlanner.cpp, line 332

So I have no idea WTF that means. I think maybe Encore has stopped functioning with the latest versions of Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these notes re the 332 error:

Chapter markers on top of each other or too close to beginning or end? [Possibly related to your gap issue?]

Multiple videos on one timeline? [Does not apply to your situation, correct?]

If not, are you using dynamic link? [Does not apply to your situation.]

Many users are still creating disks with current encoder.  I don't think it is just an incompatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even add any Chapter markers...but I will check if there is an errant one. There is only 1 video per timeline. I was not using dynamic link. I will also try a new project and add black with silent audio track. Thanks for your input...I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey...great idea about Chapter markers..There were a couple of duplicates in that timeline. I deleted them and the DVD was able to be built.

So the takeaway is that I was not able to create a DVD using an m2v encoded in AME, but was able to using a QT movie and encoding in Encore. Obviously this needs more tinkering. But not today.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Excellent. I'm glad I passed on those possibilities even though none of them seem to fit your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines