• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encryption Action Wizard Error but works outside of wizard...

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP, please! 

I created the Action Wizard function to encrypt notes so that they cannot be edited - they include filled in form information as well as a signature that each individual completing the form adds.  We need to be able to open, view, and print them without a password; but DISALLOW changes to the document. 

This is what the action wizard set up looks like -

I tried to do it folder at a time, because these are student files that are organized into folders by student, so I don't want to do files ONE AT TIME, or I will be here forever. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 1.24.09 PM.png

Under encryption...

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 1.24.20 PM.png

This is the settings that I changed - and there is a change permissions password that is "acceptable" - in the green area, just removed for this posting. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 1.24.29 PM.png

UNDER SAVE specify settings ---

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 1.24.45 PM.png

What I get is the dreaded error...

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 1.29.21 PM.png

I think I am missing one small thing that I can't seem to figure out, but, I am hoping you all can. 

This is a time sensitive kinda urgent thing that I have tried to solve on my own and with searches, but I can't...

Help a girl out. 

Thanks,

Elisa

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried taking that EXACT SAME one file and setting security? The file sounds a bit damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And pat close attention to Acrobat's warning that dome apps ignore security. Frankly it isn't worth going to a lot of trouble as any motivated person can change a protected file in minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the files can be encrypted in this manner individually, protected to allow printing only, which flattens the fillable form and the signature so they cannot be edited.  These are medical treatment notes, so there is good reason to protect them, honestly more so the current treating therapist or anyone else cannot make any changes to them going forward, as medical records.  It is just really weird that the files work individually in the process but not with the action wizard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines