Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matrix Rotation not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With reference to the thread Rotate Point Text? , I'm facing an issue. The screenshots should help explain further:

rotationWorkingCode.PNGrotationWorkingAI.PNG

When I set the RotationAngle to a 0 or 360 value, the text appears fine (probably since both cases are equivalent to not rotating at all)

rotationFailedCode.PNGrotationFailedAI.PNG

But when I set the RotationAngle to any other non-zero value (e.g 90), the text just disappears. I've spent hours on it now and tried all different combinations of functions as shown in the commented code. But it hasn't helped yet.  For your reference, below is the code that I'm using to display the Point Text:

PointTextCode.PNG

It seems to be such a trivial issue, and yet taking so long. I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

I think the problem is probably that the rotation is around the origin. What happens if you move the text frame to 0,0 in the document and then try rotating 5 degrees using your code? I think for the general case, you need to translate to the origin, rotate, and then translate back to the original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is probably that the rotation is around the origin. What happens if you move the text frame to 0,0 in the document and then try rotating 5 degrees using your code? I think for the general case, you need to translate to the origin, rotate, and then translate back to the original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Translating to the origin, rotating and then translating back to the original location worked. Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines