• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera not connecting to Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I tried to import a photo from my camera into photo shop and it says, "Photo Shop cannot open this file. If you are attempting to open a raw file from a digital camera, make sure you have the latest camera Raw updates installed via help" and it gives me a link to go to, so I clicked on the link.I clicked on the "Camera Raw 9.1.1" installer and downloaded stand went through the process to install it, maybe I am missing a step? My Cannon 5D mark III images still won't load in there. I'm frustrated and at a loss. Ive been using it for years and my computer crashed recently and I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out how to get it all back together so I can continue work. I'm a photographer. Thank you for your help!

Leah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Hi

Your camera needs Camera Raw version 7.1 or later so version 9.1.1 should work fine.

ACR 7.1 (and 9.1.1) both need Photoshop CS6

So a few questions:

1. What version of Photoshop are you using?

2. In Photoshop go to Help - About plug ins - Camera Raw - what version of camera does it show as installed?

3. How are you "importing" the file (e.g. copying the file to you PC and then just using File open should work if the ACR version and Photoshop version are compatible)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Your camera needs Camera Raw version 7.1 or later so version 9.1.1 should work fine.

ACR 7.1 (and 9.1.1) both need Photoshop CS6

So a few questions:

1. What version of Photoshop are you using?

2. In Photoshop go to Help - About plug ins - Camera Raw - what version of camera does it show as installed?

3. How are you "importing" the file (e.g. copying the file to you PC and then just using File open should work if the ACR version and Photoshop version are compatible)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines