• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Trial - a real rip-off

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for an Adobe Stock Trial and because I couldn't find out how to cancel the Trial simply, I postponed it more and more (because it's annoying and time consuming) and finally I ended up having an unwanted subscritption that I don't even need. But that's not the worst thing of the whole story! I wanted to cancel the subscription (and I was aware that I might have to pay another month more or so), and was really really shocked to find out that the minimum subscription is for ONE year! I am very very disapointed in Adobe. I do expect such malicious behaviour from little unknow companies, but not from a company such as Adobe. And not only that: If I still want to cancel today, I have to pay a Penalty of CHF 160! I can hardly believe that. Is that really Adobe????? I was a huge fan of the Adobe but now I must say they are real gangsters! Why do they need such behaviour? And I'm sure I'm not the only one who had this bad experience, I'm sure a lot of people have tried out Adobe Stock and couln't find out how to cancel the Trial on time and were surprised about a unwanted one-year-subscription.

Now: if I want to be sure that - in one year - my subscription will not be continued (unwanted AGAIN), I need to cancel now, otherwise I might forgot. If I do cancel today, I have to pay a huge penalty and - what a surprise - will loose the Downloads that I have already paied for. I would be ashamed, really.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Hi Karin,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles, please contact our support team Contact Customer Care for cancellation requests and refund related issues.

In case you're your unable to reach support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Additionally, I would like to let you know that if you download your remaining assets they will forever remain in your license history and you can use them later.

Feel free to up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

You are replying to a 6 year old thread. I wonder why people think they don't need to pay for a subscription that they willingly enrolled in, just because they didn't get around to using that subscription. If you subscribed to Time Magazine, for instance, paying in advance for an annual subscription, and after a few months found that you weren't actually reading the magazine every time it arrived, would you demand a refund? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles, please contact our support team Contact Customer Care for cancellation requests and refund related issues.

In case you're your unable to reach support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Additionally, I would like to let you know that if you download your remaining assets they will forever remain in your license history and you can use them later.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional query.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I'm sorry I had such a horrible experience with them. They obviously don't care about the ppl paying for their service. Big companies try to fool the "little ppl" and say there's nothing they can do but they have the ability to cancel the remainder of the trial and credit back the $. They have BILLIONS! Why wouldn't they refund people's $ when they ask? In the long run those same ppl would trust the company more and me more apt to come back and try other trials. This is just sad and pathetic. Shame on u Adobe. I'll never purchase anything from them and I'll make sure my family and everyone I know knows how they treat ppl that simply need a refund ESPECIALLY when they can see that the account was never even used or just used for the trial period. Heartbreaking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beginning sentence is supposed to say "I'm sry U had such a horrible experience with them".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are replying to a 6 year old thread. I wonder why people think they don't need to pay for a subscription that they willingly enrolled in, just because they didn't get around to using that subscription. If you subscribed to Time Magazine, for instance, paying in advance for an annual subscription, and after a few months found that you weren't actually reading the magazine every time it arrived, would you demand a refund? 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow I'm sorry I had such a horrible experience with them. They obviously don't care about the ppl paying for their service. Big companies try to fool the "little ppl" and say there's nothing they can do but they have the ability to cancel the remainder of the trial and credit back the $. They have BILLIONS! Why wouldn't they refund people's $ when they ask? In the long run those same ppl would trust the company more and me more apt to come back and try other trials. This is just sad and pathetic. Shame on u Adobe. I'll never purchase anything from them and I'll make sure my family and everyone I know knows how they treat ppl that simply need a refund ESPECIALLY when they can see that the account was never even used or just used for the trial period. Heartbreaking

By @Brad30078984kq9e

If you take a subscription, you agree to the terms and conditions. I may accept that people have not read them, but they clicked the acceptance button. In addition, those terms and conditions get sent to you by e-mail, with all the details of the subscription, including the monthly cost. I can also accept that you do not read the e-mails, but seriously, can you blame Adobe for this?

The reason for the early termination fee is, that you took an annual subscription and Adobe makes contingency planning on the number of subscriptions they have. They allow you to cancel early, by paying an early termination fee of half of the remaining due.

If you do not use a subscription, that's not the company's fault. They don't second guess your intentions. It may well be, that you intend to use the subscription sometime later. You should, however, know, that simply maintaining the infrastructure costs money.

You can't blame a company for making profits. That's why the company exists. The profits ensure that they will be able to continue servicing their customers! And a company like Adobe has millions of satisfied customers. But still, they are caring for each one, and the Adobe Employee was friendly and gave correct advice, to help the OP's quest. All what I would expect from a company representative.

(I will lock this thread now)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started