• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to build an e-book platform that using all the acrobat pdf features such like annotation else..

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I am an educator who is engaged in the online tutorial industry have some ideas to carry out but I wonder that if it is possible or not..

I want to build a online e-book platform that can achieve the following purpose by any Acrobat technologies or features :

1.a website that offers the member registration, then they can access the PDF e-book content, using the online reader to display the e-book.

2.by using the online reader to display the ebook, they can use PC connected to the projector to lecturing the e-book content on site to audience.

3.in the mean time of lecturing to audience, they can make annotation on PDF e-book to show the underlying point of the content. (just like the scene of Acrobat Reader DC annotation tools )

4.the most important thing is that the online annotation can be saved in member personal history for the next time he open the same PDF e-book again then he can see the annotations he made for the next lecturing scene.

I do not know any programming language but I have concept about SDK which is used for developing something cool..

So I wonder that if it is possible to build such an web platform.

hope someone expert can solve my question.

thank you very much.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

1 – Adobe does not provide any online/web-based reader for PDFs, unless you mean our Document Cloud platform.

3 – Document Cloud provides limited commenting tools.

4 – Yes, the comments are stored into the PDF itself

But if you ewant your own platform with all your own control – then you should go find a company to build it for you, it’s a major piece of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 – Adobe does not provide any online/web-based reader for PDFs, unless you mean our Document Cloud platform.

3 – Document Cloud provides limited commenting tools.

4 – Yes, the comments are stored into the PDF itself

But if you ewant your own platform with all your own control – then you should go find a company to build it for you, it’s a major piece of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't have any products to do this that I am aware of. However there are routes to doing what you want to do. We have a demo of what can be done and this is not completely outside the realms of Adobe technology, because underneath we are imaging the PDF pages using the Adobe PDF Library. Unfortunately we used Silverlight for this demo which is gradually losing support in web browsers, but will still work ok in Internet Explorer, but please see http://infigo.mapsoft.com:8080/Default.aspx.

In hindsight if we had more knowledge about the future direction of Silverlight we would have opted for building round HTML5 instead.

If you see in the Acrobat SDK the API reference is for Acrobat and the PDF Library and in most areas they are code compatible especially at the PD, PDE and COS levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines