Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove xmp raw data (metadata) from indesign application file

Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team

Would you please let us know how to remove the XMP raw data from Indesign file. Because my indesign file size is 104 mb there is no image its purely text with 350 pages.

I converted the indesign file to IDML file.  and make it has zip format and unstuff the file and checked the meta data has 31 mb in indesign file.

So would you please suggest how to reduce my indesign file size, and how to remove the metadata in indesign file.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21st century. Are you really think that 31Mb+ is a big problem?

If you already do indd-idml-indd converting than I'm don't think so that you can find something else to reduce the file size.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George

31 mb is a metadata file size, Actual indesign file size is 104 mb.

My process is, I am going to link this indesign file(104 mb) to another indesign file. So each and every page linking the indesign file size will become very huge its going upto 4gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not embed indd, do file-place and your source file won't be increase as you write.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would you please suggest how to reduce my indesign file size, and how to remove the metadata in indesign file.

Some metadata can be changed via scripting, but you can also import and export templates. So to clear all of the metadata you could export a blank XMP file and load that into the files you want to clear:

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 5.40.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d use ExifTool or Adobe Bridge:

bridge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks to all, we fixed this issue using script in indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What script? Can you please provide the code or link and mark the most appropriate reply as the correct answer so that others can benefit? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines