• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud and Photo Shop - Error Codes 1002 / 16

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By following Apple Forum's suggestion on how to fix my MacMail / iCloud issues, Creative Cloud / Photoshop now return Error Codes 1002 & 16.

Attempted the following…

–uninstall and that failed : " busy- try again later?" 

–ran the 'Cloud Cleaner' and icon on screen was removed after restart.

– reinstall multiple times to but no avail…error 16 again.

Only indication of any kind of (re)install is that I've started a "10-day demo of PS" though PS fails to launch.

Problem started…

when following Apple's solution was to ‘apply privileges’ to my Library Folder' which lead to a new password in iCloud so I imagine its an administrator issue.

MacPro6,1 6-Core E5, 3.5 ghz /  OSX 10.10.3

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Problem Solved!

When Error code 16 continually occurs, you need to correct the permissions of the Adobe Application Support Folder.

1st : Follow Adobe's uninstall / CC clean / and select clean all. Do not clean the Adobe manager.

2nd: Restart!

3rd:  Reinstall from your Adobe Account creative Cloud and all Adobe Programs (Photoshop etc…)

4th: Correct Permissions:

– Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe

Command i on folder, click unlock in lower right-hand corner and enter your password

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rayc74150867,

As you have mentioned you are getting Error codes 1002 & 16 both, i would recommend you to follow the troubleshooting shared in the following help document and see if that helps: Creative Cloud desktop app failed to install (Error code:1002).

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bani,

I twice repaired permissions with the following report from Apple Disk Utility:

Permissions differ on “tmp”; should be drwxrwxrwt ; they are lrwxrwxrwt .Repaired “tmp”

I had done all from that link except:

Solution 3 (Mac Only) Using Terminal

I did the following:

• Using Terminal, run ls -ld /tmp.

It returned:

lrwxrwxrwt@ 1 root  wheel  11 Apr 19  2015 /tmp -> private/tmp

(which is partially “ If the result reads lrwxrwxrwt specifically the last digit is t “ – it is adding:  " @ 1 root wheel” …to that command.  Is this normal? I don’t want to mess my OS again – took days re-authorizing software following Apple’s suggestions.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response, thanks for the update. The issue is definitely permission related hence resolving Error 16 first might help, i would recommend you to follow the steps shared here: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani,

I've spent the day following all of Adobe's solutions and they have failed to correct the issue. On my third of fourth Uninstall / Clean / Reinstall  of both CC and PS. Still receive Error Code 16.

All other programs working without any issues.

Can Adobe Tech-Support remotely diagnosis and fix the problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani,

Reposting from 12 hours ago– no response…

I've spent the day following all of Adobe's solutions and they have failed to correct the issue. On my third of fourth Uninstall / Clean / Reinstall  of both CC and PS. Still receive Error Code 16.

All other programs working without any issues.

Can Adobe Tech-Support remotely diagnosis and fix the problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem Solved!

When Error code 16 continually occurs, you need to correct the permissions of the Adobe Application Support Folder.

1st : Follow Adobe's uninstall / CC clean / and select clean all. Do not clean the Adobe manager.

2nd: Restart!

3rd:  Reinstall from your Adobe Account creative Cloud and all Adobe Programs (Photoshop etc…)

4th: Correct Permissions:

– Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe

Command i on folder, click unlock in lower right-hand corner and enter your password (or administrators password)

– Click gear icon and select "apply to enclosed items"

– click icon again to lock.

This seems to be a general solution with OSX when your required to change the main password. Mine for for iCloud issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines