3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2008 12:32 PM by Gregory Lafrance

HTTP service

vikceo Level 1
      I am using a accordion component. Number of tabs/panel in the accordion will be determined based on some data available on server. I am using HttpService to retrieve that data. But the problem is: it is not synchronous and thus
      while execution of the repeater component by framework it does not get the data and my tabs inside accordion shows blank (null).

How to fix this? is there any way to get the data first and then generate the UI?
        • 1. Re: HTTP service
          Level 7

"vikceo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g7vp2h$h6n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am using a accordion component. Number of tabs/panel in the accordion
          >will be
          > determined based on some data available on server. I am using HttpService
          > to
          > retrieve that data. But the problem is: it is not synchronous and thus
          > while execution of the repeater component by framework it does not get the
          > data and my tabs inside accordion shows blank (null).
          >
          > How to fix this? is there any way to get the data first and then generate
          > the
          > UI?

Set the Accordion's includeInLayout to false until it has data.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: HTTP service
            vikceo Level 1
            Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? or can point to some resource on how to do that?

I am sorry I am a beginner...
            • 3. Re: HTTP service
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6
              Create a function that gets called in the HTTPService result handler method. That function should populate the Accordion.