• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polyphonic wav metadata

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to at least see the metadata from Polyphonic wav files (as most pro recorders generate this format) In particular, can track names 1) be seen and/or 2) be applied to the track when you put it in the timeline (so that, the audio track appears as something like <Filneame - Boom> instead of <Filename / Ch. 1>). Mixers spend a significant amount of time creating this data. It would be nice to be able to use it more directly withing Premiere. Ideally this would also send via AAF so that sound post can see the track names correctly.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere Pro... Cloud or CS6 and earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I forgot to include that. CC- current iteration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a short example of a polywav file you could Dropbox so we could have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more of a general question than a specific instance. I simply haven't been able to see the track fields in any poly file. Usually I'm coming off of material from Zaxcom recorders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be in the metadata somewhere but not many of us have this sort of material to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a 3 track, 48K 24 Bit Polyphonic Broadcast Wav.

Tracks are: Mix, Boom, Lav_1

http://clients.invertedstaircase.com/Audio_Test/TEST002.WAV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the data but I don't know of a way to get that into the track title.

iXML.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i show this information, the name track?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love how this VERY IMPORTANT question was left alone to die.. Adobe is soooooo good a support. *sarcasm.

Would love to know why the track names on a poly file are impossible to get onto the clips in the timeline...Or better yet, why it isnt set this way by default like your major competitor, Davinci Resolve. Doh!

Can we get an answer please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Clint,

Sorry. These are user to user forums and the product team does not regularly engage here. You need to make any feature requests and bug reports via the User Voice forum. OK?

Without seeing your file, the best way to display metadata from a clip in your project is to expose it in Metadata Display, then add the metadata category to one of the columns of the project panel. Have you tried this? I don't have a clip in this format, so I cannot test it for you to help. If you upload a sample, we can work together to see if there is an existing solution.

If you cannot find a solution to your issue, and need immediate assistance from us in support, keep in mind you can use our call and chat Help service, which is available to our customers M-F 7AM to 7PM PST.

Sorry again for the frustration.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines