• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR default catalog preview sizes ALWAYS too small!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every new catalog I create (monthly) defaults to create 1440px previews- so assuming I forget to switch this stupid setting every time I create a catalog, which is every single time, my computer wastes hours rendering tiny, useless previews and then having to re-render larger previews for my 27" imac when I view them. I don't see any default setting for this besides for each individual catalog, which seems pointless. Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Adding this one to my list of 337 (now 338) reasons why one catalog is superior to many catalogs.

But, if you really need multiple catalogs, you could create a "template" catalog with zero photos but all settings the way you want. THen when you want to use the "template" catalog to contain actual photos, you make a copy of the "template" using your operating system, then open the copy.

Much, much easier to use one catalog. And lots of other benefits to using one catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding this one to my list of 337 (now 338) reasons why one catalog is superior to many catalogs.

But, if you really need multiple catalogs, you could create a "template" catalog with zero photos but all settings the way you want. THen when you want to use the "template" catalog to contain actual photos, you make a copy of the "template" using your operating system, then open the copy.

Much, much easier to use one catalog. And lots of other benefits to using one catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines