0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 10:32 AM by SVick0612

Conditional build expression hiding all content with any conditional tag

SVick0612

Current Software: Adobe RoboHelp 2015 (12.0.4.460)

Hi, we noticed a problem with conditional tagging when prepping the last release of our software. We had recently tagged a lot of content with full topic-level conditional tags for review as we are doing a major overhaul of our help. When building the project, half the items (about 3700 files of 7000 files) were missing from the build. It turns out, these were all the topics marked for review. I had seen somewhere that conditional tagging has had problems where even if it is not involved in a build expression as being excluded, RoboHelp is excluding all conditionally tagged items, period. I saw this has at least been a problem since at least 2015, but I have not seen a solution or been able to find any help online, and our software is still doing this. I'm not sure how long it's been doing this in our system as previously, the items we had marked with conditional tags were not supposed to be seen in our builds anyway, and we recently updated to 2015 as of around January.

The build expression is as follows:

NOT_IN_PROCESS_AND_NOT_REMOVED_FROM_PRODUCT_AND_NOT_VERSION

However, it was also removing items tagged with any other conditional tags we have in the project. Every topic is set as In Process state since things are always changing, so there is no difference between topic states and what is showing. This also affects topics that have been around for years, and those that are brand new. Once we removed all topic level tags, the pages built properly (however, all our conditional tagging through our project is still affected as we can't just go in and remove it all). Luckily, we don't have much current information tagged for much now, but we are moving forward to where we will definitely need to have different tags for mobile vs internet vs print needs. This is going to be a huge roadblock if we cannot find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.