Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe "not responding" and closes ALL THE TIME

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to make this short:

I'm in grad school and I have been trying to download my readings into Acrobat or Acrobat reader DC (i'm so lost at this point, I don't even know what to do.)

I do this so I can then highlight the text, like I would in a textbook.  It works fine for a few minutes, then I will get a message that says "not responding."  I will then "ctrl-alt-del" and open task manager and and end task.  It will then tell me that "the program cannot close because it is waiting for a response from you."  I end program anyway and then open back up and go for a few more minutes and then go through the same process again.

To be honest, I've spent more time trying to fix problems between Adobe, Chrome, and Onedrive that I have not idea even where to start anymore.  I can't get any sort of rhythm to my studying because I'm either trying to fix a problem or find a file that has disappeared.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you paying for an acrobat subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am paying for it. I am a graduate student through UW-Milwaukee and was offered a pretty good deal for Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall all reader and acrobat versions (including preferences)

if win os, clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

and, if your only subscription is for acrobat, clean per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the cc app to install your acrobat subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So , in order to fix a hang you have to uninstall then clean, then clean one more time, then reinstall Creative Cloud and only on completing this long and tediuos process can you re-install Acrobat? Seriuosly, Adobe? That's the way to resolve a technical issue - to lure people into buying your other staff through CC even if one just wants a properly functioning app?

I too have recently the exact same problem. I'm using the latest version of Acrobat DC (2018.009.20500) on Win7 Pro. It occurs randomly but more frequently than it used to: once I select "Comments" from the right-side toolbar it hangs and tells me "Not responding" me having opened a document from DC within the app. That's just insane - I cannot work uninterrupted by these quirks and clumsiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines