• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captions formatting problems in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Captivate 2017 and have encountered CC problems.  I support multiple people who all create content, so have a basic template that we create all our Captivate projects from to keep things consistent.  I've set the CC settings the way I want them in the template (running across the whole width of the project, like they did in previous versions), but when I create a project from the template the settings are lost and I get the default placement, which is a small box in the middle of the screen.  I really can't ask people to customize this for every project.  Is there something I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the CC settings don't get saved with the theme and they are not saved as part of a custom skin. Captivate does save the closed captioning settings as part of a Captivate Template file. This may be the way to distribute your base project with those settings in place.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources